Nuance To Host Technology Demonstration On Capitol Hill: The Role Of Voice Solutions In Reducing Driver Distraction
Held in Cooperation with U.S. House Representative Carolyn McCarthy, U.S. House Representative Nita Lowey and Ford Motor Company, Event to Demonstrate Available Mobile Voice Solutions for Cars and Mobile Devices
BURLINGTON, MA – September 9, 2010
Nuance Communications, Inc., a leading supplier of mobile voice solutions, in cooperation with U.S. House Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY4), U.S. House Representative Nita Lowey (D-NY18), and Ford Motor Company.
Technology Demonstration Day: “The Role of Voice Solutions in Reducing Driver Distraction”
WHEN AND WHERE:
Wednesday, September 15, 2010, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT
Press briefing will be held at 10:30 a.m. EDT
U.S. Capitol Building, Capitol Hill
House Triangle – Capitol’s East Front (Outdoors)
East Capitol Street, NE and 1St Street, NE
Washington, DC 20002
Immediately following press conference, demonstrations of in-car speech technology solutions will take place at the corner of C Street and New Jersey Street behind the Cannon and Longworth Buildings until 2:00 p.m. EDT.
- The event will begin with a press briefing addressing mobile voice technology as a viable, available solution to distracted driving, and will issue a call to legislators, device and auto manufacturers, and consumers to use technology as an enabler to making smarter, safer decisions behind the wheel.
- Featured speakers at the event include U.S. House Representative Carolyn McCarthy (D-NY4); U.S. House Representative Nita Lowey (D-NY18); Michael Thompson, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Division, Nuance Communications; and, John Schneider, Global Chief Engineer, Ford Motor Company.
- Distracted driving is a well-publicized and pressing issue facing our nation today, and it goes far beyond simply texting while driving. Legislative solutions to address this issue require a thoughtful approach and the consideration of modern technologies that can offer drivers safer, smarter ways to interact with their vehicle, all while maintaining eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
- Increasingly, in-car systems, devices and mobile phones are being developed using voice recognition technologies, as more than 100 models from major car manufacturers and nearly all navigation devices feature speech technology to enable voice destination entry, voice guidance or voice control of key features.
- Many of today’s mobile phones ship with voice recognition technology that allows for basic hands-free dialing capabilities and increasingly more sophisticated capabilities such as music control, message reading and dictation.
- Nuance’s mobile voice solutions simplify and enhance the way people interact with their cars, phones, navigation systems and mp3 players, and many other consumer electronics devices, and the use of these technologies can play a significant role in reducing the distractions today’s drivers face behind the wheel.
For more information, please contact Kathrine Dela of Global Results Communications at (949)619-1802 or email@example.com.
About Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance’s proven applications and professional services. For more information, please visit: nuance.com.